Thanks to the awesome recipes on the Weber Grills website, I came across this gem. I am always looking for something new and cool to grill and I have always wanted to venture into the grilling side of it. So after some research and hard debating in my head (there is a ton of good looking recipes), I choose this one. I changed a couple things, but sticked pretty close to what they said. Here is what I did.
3 – I took my 8 x 8 pan and coated the inside generously with butter. I then laid all my strawberries inside the pan points up. I poured the remaining mix over the top of the berries.
5. Take them off and spoon them over Vanilla Ice Cream and Angle Food Cake. Awesome Combo.
- 2 pints large, fresh strawberries (20 to 24)
- 6 tablespoons Brown sugar – Or Granulated
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon Orange Zest
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier®, or 2 tablespoons water plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- Vanilla ice cream