Jameson Whiskey Drunken St Patricks Day Irish Burgers

I came across this as I was searching the Internet for Ideas on adding booze to food! In the search, I came across the idea of soaking the patties in Whiskey. This idea both Intrigued and Scared me! I love Whiskey, and I love Burgers, so there is no reason why I wouldn’t like this! Normally this logic does not play out, but this time it did! The Jameson gave the patties a unique tang that I really dug.

It was a neat idea, and I wanted to put my own twist on it for St Patricks Day. So I chopped up some Corned Beef and mixed it into the Patty. Then I topped them with Swiss and 1000 Island Dressing. But, here is how I did the Whole Process

1 Lb Hamburger

1 Egg

1/4 Cup Chopped Corned Beef

1 Teaspoon Pepper

1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder

Swiss Cheese

1000 Island Dressing

1. Chop the Corned Beef
  2. Mix together the Egg, Burger, Corned Beef and the Seasoning
  3. Create 3 or 4 Patties

1/4 Cup Jameson Whiskey or Your Favorite

1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder

1/4 Teaspoon Onion Powder

Mix those things together in a bowl or dish and place the Patties in there. You are going to let it sit for about 12 minutes and the you will go in and flip them for another 12 minutes.

While the Burgers are soaking, go ahead and get your coals cooking. It should take roughly the same amount of time.

Even with the egg as a bonding agent, the Corned beef weakens the structural integrity of the burger. As a result, when you grill them, place them somewhere to the edge of the coals and let them cook a little slower. They will hold together a lot better.

Once they are at the temp you want, place some Swiss Cheese on them and cover them with melting domes. If you don;t have Domes, go get some, they are awesome, but a regular metal bowl will do just as good. Once the cheese is melted, pour on some 1000 Island Dressing and Enjoy with a Nice Cold Stout!

Maybe next time I will soak them in Rum, top with Cheddar Cheese and BBQ Sauce and A Grilled Pineapple.

Advertisements

14 Comments Add yours

1. Laci says:

These sound fantastic.

Liked by 1 person

1. parkerozgood says:

They turned out really good! I need to work on a better bun!

Liked by 1 person

2. They sound like they would taste a lot better than they look. . .

Liked by 1 person

1. parkerozgood says:

Yeah, they were hard to keep together!

Liked by 1 person

3. Need to be eaten with a pint of Guinness. Happy St Patrick’s day.

Liked by 1 person

4. LifeAmazing says:

They look great too. Only thing is over here in Ireland you definitely will be cooking the burgers indoors. ☘️

Liked by 2 people

1. parkerozgood says:

Thanks! Is it some rough weather over there?

Liked by 1 person

5. These sound great! I’ve added Jameson to caramelized onions and used them to top a very similar burger with sauerkraut and 1000 island. But I never thought about putting it IN the burger. Genius!

Liked by 1 person

1. parkerozgood says:

I never did either until I saw it on the Internet! I would like to try a Rum and Pineapple Burger combo next!

Liked by 1 person

1. Ooooooh, sounds tasty! I never think to add booze like that. Just wine and beer in sauces. I’ve done pineapple/pork burgers before. I caramelized the pineapple pieces before adding them to the ground pork. It needed a little extra hot sauce to balance out the sweetness though. But I like things spicy!

Liked by 1 person

2. parkerozgood says:

Ditto, I’m a hot sauce on everything guy

Liked by 1 person

6. eliza rudolf says:

It sounds like its gonna b great😇

Liked by 1 person